- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound training skills, relevant to fitness and athletics.
- Develop, implement, and teach foundational swimming principle fitness skills to students with varying ability levels.
- Build rapport with students and motivate them to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Strong communication (written and oral), leadership and organizational skills.
- Effectively teach various blocks of instruction related to health, fitness and physical performance.
- Pass fitness test consisting of Pull-ups, Sit-ups, Push-ups, 1.5-mile run, 500 meter swim.
- Maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example.
- Be able to demonstrate all physical exercises and events required of the students.
- Employ relevant technologies to support the training program and improve students’ performance.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing and conducting collegiate, Olympic or professional athletic programs.
- Experience coaching athletes at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level.
- Highly successful athlete at the club, collegiate, Olympic or professional level.
Education and Certifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field.
- Certified American Swimming Coach (ASCA) Level 1 and 2.
- Certified Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid.