Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a strong sense of belonging and community while promoting the School’s mission and core values in the Athletics and Physical Education Department.
- Meet bi-weekly or at a designated time with the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
- Support the head coach in executing the vision of the swim program and the athletic director in the execution of the physical education curriculum.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled practices with emphasis on development and implement strategy with the supervisor for all teams in the program.
- Serve as a role model to develop good sportsmanship and respect for the sport, as well as in life.
- Observe and guide the discipline and conduct of student athletes to reinforce our core values, specifically our belief in the educational excellence of the athletics program.
- Assist student athletes, their families, and our College Counseling office with potential college recruitment activities under the supervision of the Athletic Department.
- Interact regularly with student athletes to maintain a safe learning environment, both social-emotionally and physically.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club, or collegiate level. A preferred candidate will have both playing and coaching experience, but one or the other is acceptable.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, supports differences, and articulates an authentic commitment to diversity in thought and perspective while holding others accountable for the same.
- Understanding of the rules and regulations governing the sport.
- Proven knowledge, skills, and strategies for the sport.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop student athletes in and out of the pool.
- Focus on fair play and adherence to the organization’s code of conduct.