The Recreation Department manages a full range of recreational and special activities for youth, adults and seniors. The department also schedules activities and rentals of buildings, picnic areas, sports fields and tennis courts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES):
- Effectively instruct and lead aquatic fitness classes, swim team programs to varying age groups.
- Responsible for choreographing, goal setting, and leading water fitness classes and/or swim team workouts.
- Coordinate programs, pool space and time as needed with Aquatics Management.
- Evaluate each student to ensure that the properly performing exercises and swimming strokes in a manner that is safe for him/her.
- Attend continuing education workshops, maintain certification, and maintain working knowledge of industry standards, rules, and regulations.
- Motivate, teach, and attract new membership to the program.
- Perform administrative duties related to running instructional classes and/or a swim team.
- Prepare updates/newsletters for class participants and team members informing them of schedule modifications, swim meets and special events.
- Current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certificate from the American Red Cross or equivalent organization.
- Certification from a nationally recognized water exercise or competitive swimming organization such as Aquatic Exercise Association, USA Swimming, or equivalent.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and/or Water Safety Instructor Training is highly desirable.