This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Incumbent is responsible for the instruction and safety of the YMCA swim team members during swim practice.
- Schedule and conduct practices.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment.
- Reports damaged equipment.
- Attend all practices.
- Attend local meets at the coach and director’s discretion.
- Communicate with members in a timely fashion.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for practices/swim meets.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, or certified within the first 30 days.
- Minimum of 2 years in the aquatics, lifeguard
- 2 years swim coaching experience preferred.
- USA Swimming Coach or ASCA Level 1 and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming certification preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate
effectively with swimmers and their parents.