This is an exceptional opportunity for a coach to lead a well-established program. The swim season is early November through late January. The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, knowledge, leadership skills, passion for the sport, and strong organizational skills. The ideal candidate must have experience coaching high school, club level, or collegiate level swimming and will have a desire to inspire and display an overall understanding of student-athlete needs in a Catholic educational environment.
- Oversees the entire swimming program.
- Uphold school and athletic department standards before, during and after competition.
- Expansive knowledge of the sport for swimmers at varying skill levels.
- Develop and implement a training program that focuses on improving technique, stroke placement, speed, and style.
- Efficiently navigate any budgetary needs in the short and long term for the program, pending approval by athletic administration.
- Communicate schedules, dates, times and changes that may happen throughout the season to parents and student athletes.
- Retain and delegate responsibilities to assistant coaches and/or volunteers in conjunction with the athletic administration.
- Interact effectively and positively as an ambassador of the school.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 2 or more years relevant experience.
- Highly effective candidates with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, independent judgment, discretion, and strong computer skills.