Position is responsible for helping to lead swim practices and meets, as well as organizing the swimming program at Carolina Day School. Position helps with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. Position is also responsible for admin duties such as communication with parents, posting the schedule and other updates as needed.
- Instruct students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses swimmer’s skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps other coaches informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains any equipment in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed.
- Some experience as a Swimming coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.