Under the direction of the Multisport Director, the Triathlon Swim Coach provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation as well as assures the safety and well-being of students in the clinics. The incumbent is responsible for teaching classes using YMCA of the USA Guidelines and association polices in accordance with their training. Triathlon Swim Coaches are to ensure safety at all costs and maintain an effective, quality program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a physically and mentally safe environment. This environment must be interesting and provide support which will allow the participants to grow and develop their skills.
- Oversee supervision of all class participants; make sure all participants are watched at all times and never turn your back to your class.
- Establish positive relationships with parents, children, volunteers, and other staff members; be a positive role model.
- Wear a uniform consistent with branch dress code: one piece appropriate bathing suit.
- Arrive 15 minutes early on deck in uniform for all shifts.
- Provide outstanding customer service by addressing customers concerns and implementing parent's feedback.
- Communicate with participants/responding to questions or concerns about the class.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service, supervising, decision-making, problem solving, team oriented, creative thinking, and leadership skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and effectively communicate document, information and instructions such as safety rules, membership procedures, customer service, YMCA promotion and programs, and YMCA policies and procedures etc., train and instruct other staff members; promote the benefits of the YMCA, the facility and programs; and solve problems and take a leadership role in handling a variety of situations, problems, issues and/or complaints from members.