The CARA Swim Coach is responsible for providing quality instruction of competitive strokes and skills through proper technique, creativity and engagement of the participants of the Fast Fins Swim Team. Ensuring safety of all students in the class is essential, as well as creating a positive and fun learning environment. The job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
- Administer a comprehensive swimming program by providing a quality competitive environment to train and motivate young athletes in the sport of swimming; instruct swim team participants on swimming stroke techniques, race tactics and physical training regimens.
- Develop a single and season-long practice and competition plan.
- Develop age-appropriate swim programs. Plan, direct, and supervising practices; create varied workouts and be able to teach correct competitive strokes through the use of various swimming techniques, drills and games. Develop team motivation.
- Provide a safe learning environment by educating the participants in safe practices and ensuring all equipment is available, set up, and functioning properly.
- Monitor pool activities during swim meets and practices; evaluates individual and team performance, explains techniques and assists with skills improvement.
- Dispense all program information and provide updates to participants and parents.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies and rules.
Experience and Skills:
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Two (2) years of competitive swimming in an organized program.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
- Current certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid preferred.