- Safely conduct swimming practices utilizing proper stroke techniques according to YMCA Competitive Swimming guidelines.
- Submit athlete meet information using the Team Manager software.
- Assist with keeping accurate records of attendance and skill progression.
- Assist the aquatics program in answering parent questions and concerns.
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- One to two years related experience (preferred).
- Previous experience working with youth preferably in a program setting and diverse populations.
- Must have an active recreational coaching style.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards. Experience and knowledge in coaching swim team preferred.
- Ability to coach and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- YMCA Lifeguard and Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving certification (preferred).
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.