Provide competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in Masters programs. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Oversee basic administration of the Masters Program. May supervise other coaches as assigned. Act as a liaison and champion for the YMCA.
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and YMCA values.
- May supervise assistant coaches.
- Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures, complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
- Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members.
- Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Minimum age 21.
- Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications.
- American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of coaching swimming experience.
- Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Must be able to remain alert.