This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position is responsible for coaching and mentoring participants of the Y Neptunes swim team program in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming, and the YMCA of Youngstown.
- PROGRAM DELIVERY— Works with Head Coach and Aquatic Coordinator/Director to ensure program quality including: effectively coaching and mentoring swimmers during daily practices and competitive events, and collecting and analyzing data when appropriate.
- MEMBER SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT—Act intentionally to connect people with the Y cause through our service and engagement principles; Welcome, Connect, Support, Invite. Contributes to the culture of service by knowing names and demonstrating servant leadership characteristics.
- FACILITY— Keeps work area and equipment clean, clutter free and functionable. Records and reports all needed maintenance or repairs.
- RISK MANAGEMENT— Knowledgeable of and follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to facility use, medical, disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies. Completes Incident Reports accurately.
- BUDGET—Is a good steward of YMCA and team resources, uses resources responsibly and sustains the Y’s nonprofit business model to ensure revenue/expense and program services goals are achieved.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One-two years of coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must understand the developmental needs of and be able to work effectively with children of various ages (5-19). Creates a safe environment for children.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must complete the following within 30 days of hire: New Staff Orientation.
- Must complete the following training prior to first day of work: Child Abuse Prevention, Bloodbourne Pathogens, and Anti-Harassment for Everyone.