Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be 17 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Obtain YMCA Swim Coach Certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Will be required to complete the YMCA Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving within first year of employment.
- Obtain ASCA (American Swimming Coaches Association) level 1 certification- The Foundations of Coaching within first year of employment.
- Ensures adequate safety procedures are in place for all practices times.
- Designs and delivers practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition.
- Evaluates stroke technique of all team members.
- Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts.
- Attends and participates in the YMCA swim team program, meetings, and trainings.
- Attends parent meetings, competitions and other team activities.