Responsible for assisting the Coached Aquatics Coordinator, Aquatic Program Specialist and Program Head Coach in the training and coaching for summer swim teams and coached aquatics programs.
Examples of Duties:
- Trains and coaches participants under the direction of the Coached Aquatics Coordinator, Aquatics Program Specialist or Program Head Coach.
- Ensures a quality program is provided involving teaching stroke work, competition, and personal development.
- Adheres to the practice schedule for coaching designed by the Coached Aquatics Coordinator and Aquatics Program Specialist
- Attends scheduled meets to include all practice, dual and championship meets for summer swim teams.
- Responsible for the safety of participants and coaches while always adhering to policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- Ability to effectively coach and train large numbers of children.
- Ability to react effectively to all potential mental, physical and stressful situations inherent to the duties of a first responder.
- Ability to communicate with members, staff and the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- American Red Cross Community First Aid and Safety certification is preferred.
- Must pass a drug and background screening.