If you are passionate about teaching kids, and the sport of swimming, then the YMCA is the right place for you. We are looking for a fun an energetic swim coach to provide supervision and direction for a safe, positive, and organized competitive swimming program. The swim coach will follow the philosophy and goals of the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington aquatic program, which support youth development in spirit, mind, and body by strengthening family support and encourage social responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be 17 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Obtain YMCA Swim Coach Certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Will be required to complete the YMCA Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving within first year of employment.
- Obtain ASCA (American Swimming Coaches Association) level 1 certification- The Foundations of Coaching within first year of employment.
- Ensures adequate safety procedures are in place for all practices times.
- Designs and delivers practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition.
- Evaluates stroke technique of all team members.
- Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts.
- Attends and participates in the YMCA swim team program, meetings, and trainings.
- Attends parent meetings, competitions and other team activities.