Under the direction of the aquatics head coach, the swim coach is responsible for planning and leading practices, and organizing and preparing for swim meets. Primary responsibility falls on providing coaching and instruction to swimmers during practices and swim meets and acting as an ambassador to ensure member and participant satisfaction.
- Provides coaching and instruction to swimmers during practices and swim meets; attends and maintains presence during practice sessions and swim meets; travels with team to swim meets.
- Assists in the organization of swim meets, including but not limited to scheduling individual race participants, recording and posting start times, and distributing race ribbons.
- Organizes swim meet volunteers.
- Welcoming to members and guests; develops positive relationships with swimmers and members.
- Completes and submits any incident/accident reports promptly and appropriately.
- Observes and enforces all rules, regulations, and procedures of the facility.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years of age.
- One year of work experience as a swim instructor/coach.
- Must possess and maintain current certifications in: CPR/AED, and First Aid (through a state or nationally accredited program).