The Swim Coach is responsible for coaching the summer swim team as well as offering individual swim lessons for Members in a safe, fun environment that exceeds the Member's expectations.
- Setting up and maintaining the swim team website on SwimTopia.
- Creating marketing materials to promote the summer swim league.
- Communicating consistently with parents via email and on the club’s Facebook group.
- Creating a practice schedule and designing practices to grow swimmers’ skills.
- Providing swim lessons, working with members’ schedules to provide this service.
- Assisting with the hiring and training of assistant swim coaches.
- Managing assistant swim coaches and junior swim coaches.
- Communicating with competing teams prior to each swim meet.
- Setting up and resetting the pool and pool deck as necessary for all practices and swim meets.
- Scheduling parent volunteers and managing paid volunteer coverage.
- Background of 3 to 4 years of competitive swimming or being a certified swim coach.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED within 6 months.
- Experience with Swim Topia preferred.