As a Swim Coach, you will instruct in beginning to advanced swimming and safety skills according to age group and class swim level, according to YMCA Competitive Swimming guidelines. If hired for this position, you will prepare class lesson plans with a natural progression of appropriate skills for the abilities and ages of the swimmers. You will conduct swimming practices utilizing proper stroke techniques. You will also communicate with parents and keep accurate records of attendance and skill progression.
- Safely conduct swimming practices utilizing proper stroke techniques according to YMCA Competitive Swimming guidelines.
- Submit athlete meet information using the Team Manager software.
- Assist with keeping accurate records of attendance and skill progression.
- Assist the aquatics program in answering parent questions and concerns.
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- One to two years related experience (preferred).
- Previous experience working with youth preferably in a program setting and diverse populations.
- Must have an active recreational coaching style.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards. Experience and knowledge in coaching swim team preferred.
- Ability to coach and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.