As a Big Canyon Swim Coach, you will be expected to explain and demonstrate the proper use of equipment; instructs athletes in proper swimming strokes and techniques; observes athletes to detect and correct mistakes; organizes and conducts recreational meets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches athletes in swimming activities; instructs athletes on proper swimming form and
- techniques: observes athletes to detect and correct mistakes; provides feedback on performance.
- Helps coordinate swimming competitive events; organizes athletes and ensures attendance at events.
- Respond to and resolve difficult inquiries and complaints.
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
- Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding skills and knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue skills.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies, and procedure.
- Leadership and customer service skills.