MHS is currently seeking a 7th & 8th grade Head and Assistant Swim Coach for a one-year ancillary position at the Middle School. These positions provide direct support to the program year-round and to develop students (boys & girls) athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. Practice hours are Monday through Friday from 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Ability to teach beginning and advanced skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Ability to interact with student athletes at different skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.