EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Assesses the abilities of each swimmer and provides them with appropriate instruction and competitive event assignment.
- Develops the practice workout regiments to be used for each skill level; instructs swimmers in the workout directly or oversees the assistant coach(es) in their delivery.
- Provides effective and timely communication to swimmers and families regarding practices, swim meets, and team events.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with swimmers and their parent/guardians; encourages parent/guardian involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Maintains all necessary documentation for business, operations, program and staffing under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor.
- Organizes swim team roster; assists with registration; prepares and maintains records and reports Coordinates with Recreation .
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Graduation from a four-year college or university with or working towards a degree in aquatic management, recreation, physical education or a closely related field is preferred.
- One year of progressively responsible experience as a swim team coach required.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer First Aid, and Administering Emergency Oxygen certificate, or ability to obtain before employment required.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, or a nationally recognized equivalent, certificate, preferred.