The Swim Coach/ Instructor is responsible for the training and development of the aquatics program at the University of San Francisco (USF). The goal of the program is to increase knowledge and swim skills starting with the Koret Youth Swim Team and advancing to the College Swim Club.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of a swimming specific training program.
- Development of a specific plan, to include all practice sessions and matches.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all club functions.
- Responsible for team selection for all swim meets.
- Be a liaison between team participants and the Aquatics Director.
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of the sport specific
- Must comply with industry standards for safety and participation.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid & AED. USA Swimming eventually.
- Must be able to recognize, respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans.
- Create a productive learning environment to ensure growth of the individual as well as the University.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here."