- Paid work experience which indicates knowledge of the management and coordination of a youth swim team, especially the safety and supervision aspect of the operation. Prefer individual with a minimum of one year progressively responsible experience in swim team coaching.
- Flexible in scheduling; must be available days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Be available for mandatory trainings.
- Instructs participants in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses swimmer’s skills and monitors students during competition and practice
- Assists in determining team strategy.
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards participants, officials, and spectators. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Assists in maintaining equipment and storage in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.