Under the guidance of the Head Coach the Swim Team Assistant Coach is responsible to support the implementation of the Competitive and/or Recreational Swimming Program following the YMCA Philosophy, Aquatic Guidelines, and the YMCA Competitive Sports Guidelines.
- Minimum age of 16.
- Background in competitive swimming either as a coach or swimmer.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- 1 year of coaching experience with various ages helpful.
- Applicant must have excellent teaching skills with expert knowledge of training and stroke development.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities and a professional image.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- YMCA Leader certification preferred (within 1st 90 Days).
- Help in evaluating swim team members individual goals; provide individual and team feedback for improvement and recognition.
- Support volunteer recruitment, parent and swimmer communication, and provide input on team roster and meet lineups.
- Supports community involvement, fundraising efforts and events.
- Maintains records of achievements, progress reports, skill development.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Represents the YMCA at meets, various community events, and meetings.