- Take the extra mile to engage student & members in a way that builds relationships of trust through open & interactive communication.
- Interact with swimmers, family members, Y members, guests & volunteers in a way that demonstrates the Y Mission & Values while supporting a culture of excellent customer service.
- Attend all assigned practices, competitions, meetings, and trainings throughout the season as assigned.
- Arrive to practices, swim meets, meetings & trainings in a timely manner as assigned to designated areas and be prepared as expected.
- Assist in delivering practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmer in preparation for competition.
- Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement.
- Minimum age of 16.
- Have participation, instruction or coaching experience in competitive swimming.
- Must be knowledgeable in a variety of techniques; be flexible, patient, enthusiastic and well organized.
- Ability to complete certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Coaches Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving within six months of employment.