- Minimum age of 16.
- Background in competitive swimming either as a coach or swimmer.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- 1 year of coaching experience with various ages helpful.
- Applicant must have excellent teaching skills with expert knowledge of training and stroke development.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities and a professional image.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- YMCA Leader certification preferred (within 1st 90 Days).
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certification and/or YMCA Lifeguard Certification.
- Able to teach all groups by facilitating a training and/or practice plan as developed by the Head Coach.
- Help in evaluating swim team members individual goals; provide individual and team feedback for improvement and recognition.
- Support volunteer recruitment, parent and swimmer communication, and provide input on team roster and meet lineups.
- Supports community involvement, fundraising efforts and events.
- Maintains records of achievements, progress reports, skill development.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Represents the YMCA at meets, various community events, and meetings.
- Responsible for the safety of all participants at all times.
- Maintain current knowledge of emergency procedures; report incidents events in a complete and timely manner.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.