Provides competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in various age groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Supervises other coaches as assigned. Reports to the YMCA Aquatics Director.
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance. Evaluates team members and records progress.
- Updates the aquatic director with team event information; communicate event entries and general team/parent communication.
- Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes, plans, and attends swim meets and swim team functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have 3 years’ experience as a swim teach coach
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen, Red Cross Coaches Safety Training and Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving. Must have lifeguard certification. Must have all the USA requirements for a head coach.
- Must be able to demonstrate coaches’ safety skills in accordance with ASHI, YMCA and Red Cross standards.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- The Y swim coach is required to keep the following certifications current: lifeguarding, first aid, CPR/AED, and Swim Coach (with YMCA of the USA, ASCA or ARC) certifications.