Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Team Coach is responsible for the instruction, leadership, supervision, control, safety of all swim team participants and parent communication.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants.
- Report to work on time, in uniform and at position when shift begins.
- Check area for hazardous conditions when you arrive; prevent accidents and avoid dangerous situations; report any problems to the lifeguard on duty.
- Know, adhere to, and enforce all YMCA of Middle Tennessee rules and policies.
- Ensure proper and timely set ups and clean ups before and after sessions, and store all instructional equipment in the proper locations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, Hy-Tek software (Team/Meet Manager), Team Unify and good written and verbal communication are essential.
- Recruit and lead parent volunteers for the organization, set up, management, and break down of swim meets, and ensure that trainings are attended as necessary.
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Coaching and team administration experience preferred.