Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct swim team participants on swimming stroke techniques.
- Assist in the coordination of swim team practices.
- Monitor pool during swim meets and practices.
- Address maintenance needs and safety hazards to proper personnel.
- Enforce department rules and policies.
- Communicate effectively with youth and parents.
- Knowledge of swim stroke techniques and swim meet/practice procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends, depending on program.
- Assistant Swim Team Coaches assist the Head Swim Team Coach with meets, relays and running practices.
- Head Swim Team Coaches oversee the Assistant Swim Team Coaches, run practices, delegate coaches to run or help with practices and run meetings for staff.
- Assistant Swim Team Coaches must have one (1) years of previous swim team or swim lesson experience.
- Head Swim Team Coaches must have two (2) years of previous swim team or swim lesson experience.
The Woodlands Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.