EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the safety of ECST swimmers both on deck and in the water.
- Required to attend all necessary trainings.
- Maintain a positive public image and attitude with good public relations.
- Wear appropriate staff uniform at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Abide by all City of Elgin rules and regulations as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have prior swimming experience.
- Prior coaching experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the stroke fundamentals.
- Understanding of athlete development.
- Ability to work pleasantly with swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to enforce all rules and policies in a diplomatic manner.
- Be able to handle multiple duties/tasks.
- Must pass drug and background checks.
- Must receive CPR/AED/First Aid certification.