ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates an enjoyable experience for participants of the program while teaching the fundamentals of sport or activity. Ensures that all participants have an opportunity to participate in the program.
- Exercises and teaches safety awareness and practices.
- Communicates with participants, parents, co-workers, and supervisor to improve the success of the program and address any concerns.
- Provides regular feedback and program evaluation to the designated Recreation Coordinator. Discusses concerns and makes recommendations for program improvements including content, marketing efforts, scheduling, etc.
- Cleans and maintains surrounding program area (to include trash pickup and set-up and take down of equipment) before and after each program.
- May be assigned lead role responsibilities as needed.
- Plans, directs, and supervises all practices and meets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Minimum two (2) years of coach/instructor experience with general knowledge of fundamentals of rules and sport.
- Prior coaching and/or group-leading experience with youth populations preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The town is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, creed, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.