- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Develop guides and directs team workouts while organizing and sets up swim meets as well as maintain team records
- Inform parents of upcoming events and duties in attention to working with parent groups to support swimmers.
- Ensure necessary equipment is set out and put away for practices and meets.
- Supervise pool preparation for swim meets.
- Ensure safety of swimmers during practices and meets.
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid.
- YMCA Principals of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches.