Under the direction and with the support of the Senior Swim Team Coach, the Assistant Swim Team Coach will coach and mentor the assigned Swim Team group utilizing a positive, proactive coaching approach with the emphasis being on personal development and team work.
- Assist the Senior Swim Team Coach in all aspects of coaching assigned group(s).
- Ensure all team members are coached using positive coaching and mentoring skills.
- Implement a practice and training routine that supports the goals of the swimmers and team, following the guidance and direction of the Senior Swim Team Coach.
- Ensure all practice and meet times are communicated clearly and the schedules are followed.
- Attend swim team practices, meets and events as required, often will take place in the evenings and weekends.
- Instill a culture of safety, ensuring all child abuse prevention policies, as well as the Safe Sports Act requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Elevate all concerns to the Senior Swim Team Coach or Senior Aquatic Director immediately.
- Communicate in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, AED.
- Coaches Safety Training and YMCA Competitive Swim Training (will provide).
- Previous Swim Team Experience or excellent aquatic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.