- Lead, create, and implement a training program for any group(s) under your direct supervision.
- Work with the Head Coach to develop the overall philosophy and structure of the program.
- Participate in the development of the annual schedule for all swim groups, including practices, meets, and coaching schedules/assignments.
- Coach one of the training groups as designated by the Head Coach, in addition to assisting with other swim groups as requested.
- Participate in the management of program website content, including but not limited to group schedules, program news, team records, athlete awards, etc., as requested by the Head Coach.
- Share responsibility with the Head Coach for chairing/leading social events for the team with assistance from parent advisory volunteers, and assist in promoting social events to all team members and families.
- Assist in all fundraising campaigns, helping to incorporate all athletes/families; assist in developing fundraising ideas that will be most effective for the team.
- Attend any Board, Zone, and League meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
- Long term focus coach who is organized, personable, and able to effectively communicate with parents, young athletes, and co-workers alike.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, coaching experience is a plus, and be able to effectively evaluate and implement team training philosophies as established by the Head Coach.
- The ability to set both individual and program goals and to then develop a path to achieve those goals is crucial.
- Regular email, phone, and in-person communication is required, professional and friendly communication skills are crucial.
- Attention to safety and professionalism must be present at all times.
- Lifeguarding certification and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification preferred, but available upon hire and required within 60 days of employment.