Responsible for promoting a safe environment by teaching youth swimmers proper swimming technique. Lead swimmers to compete at championship-level swim meets by conducting structured and concise daily practices and facilitating at swim meets.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Swim Team Coach in the execution of meet functions, programming and operating the timing system, and preparation of swim meet entries for specified age group participants.
- Cofacilitate swim practice with an emphasis on proper swim technique at a high level.
- Work a set schedule and can work the entire session.
- Maintain a safe pool environment which will include knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, and action plans.
- Attend mandatory in-service trainings; district-wide part-time staff orientations and crisis training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 16 or older required.
- Over 18 must to complete necessary paperwork for USA Swimming.
- Possess the ability to teach competitive swim lessons.
- Capacity to demonstrate proper swim techniques to participants from the water and on deck.
- Able to travel to and from swim meets and practices; must find a substitute if absent.
- First Aid/CPR/AED required.