Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants, attend all swim meets / team functions, promote the swim team program within association guidelines, and maintain a safe environment. Develops, organizes, and implements high quality program. Understands and employs a philosophy that the team purpose is to develop swimmers skills, teach good sportsmanship, and demonstrate a high level of integrity in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Create thorough, age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, drills and within the YMCA guidelines or as directed by the Aquatic Director.
- Lead structured practices during assigned times as allocated by the Aquatic Director.
- Record all work-outs and track daily attendance as outlined by the Aquatic Director and in compliance with best practices as outlined in YMCA and national certifications.
- Manage all administration of the team as assigned including swim meet arrangem.ents, entry assignments, and registrations.
- Maintain open communication with parents and promote an environment that focuses on the development of the swimmer and cultivates relationships that create a collaborative swim team environment within YMCA philosophy, rules, guidelines, and policies.
- Coordinate and run swim team competitions, meet registrations, and record maintenance.
- Attend all swim team events, parent meetings, and special events.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current AHSI BLS, Basic First Aid, and Oxygen Administration certification (or equivalent course from American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or National Safety Council). Any BLS certification is good for only one year.
- 2+ years of experience as competitive swimmer preferred.
- 2+ years of coaching experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and parents.