Provide a positive learning atmosphere and swim instruction to swim team members in Stingrays and adaptive swim programs. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Oversee basic administration of the swim team. Act as a liaison and champion for the YMCA.
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and YMCA values.
- May supervise assistant coaches.
- Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures, complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
- Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members.
- Minimum age 21.
- Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications.
- American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of coaching swimming experience.
- Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.