This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the guidance of the Aquatic Director the Swim Team Coach is responsible for the implementation of the Competitive and/or Recreational Swimming Program following the YMCA Philosophy, Aquatic Guidelines, and the YMCA Competitive Sports Guidelines.
- Candidates must have a background in competitive swimming either as a coach or swimmer.
- High degree of human relation skills: strong communication and relationship building skills with swimmers, parents, and coaches.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage information to program participants, community leaders, volunteers and staff of all ages.
- 2-3 years of coaching experience with various ages.
- Applicant must have excellent teaching skills with expert knowledge of training and stroke development.
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with all stakeholders.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities and a professional image.
- A high level of knowledge of computers, various technology and applications.
- Promotion of the program through news releases, flyers, and handouts.
- Able to manage all groups by developing a coordinated training and practice plan.
- Ability to develop a coaching staff and evaluate performance and training needs for the staff.
- Set and evaluate swim team members individual goals; provide individual and team feedback for improvement and recognition.
- Responsible for developing the team roster, team registration, meet lineups, volunteer recruitment, and all other administrative aspects of running the team.
- Communicates information on swim team meets; provides information on location, transportation, and other areas of logistics.
- Coordinating and working closely with the Parent’s group to develop volunteers and advocates.