DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The coach will recruit, instruct, and train swim team participants.
- The coach will evaluate and analyze the readiness of class participants for the swim team events.
- All guidelines will be followed as established in the YMCA Aquatic Program Manual.
- He/she will exemplify the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the position or program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must stay current in CPR/AED/O2 and First Aid, renewed annually. (Training provided by the Y, if needed)
- Must complete all required Redwoods Trainings within 30 days of hire and renewed annually.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have experience with a competitive swim team.
- Must have extensive knowledge of competitive swimming strokes and setting goals for appropriate levels.
- Must be able to work with a variety of ages and be multi tasked.
- Must receive YMCA Lifeguard Certification or YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant within six months of employment.
- Need to possess leadership qualities and public relations skills are required.