The Mankato Family YMCA Marlins Swim Team is for youth ages 6-18 that are interested in competitive swimming or learning about competitive swimming. The swim team focuses on team unity, the core values of the YMCA, and learning the team social skills of a very individualized team sport.
- Lead, create, and implement a training program for any group(s) under your direct supervision.
- Work with the Head Coach to develop the overall philosophy and structure of the program.
- Participate in the development of the annual schedule for all swim groups, including practices, meets, and coaching schedules/assignments.
- Coach one of the training groups as designated by the Head Coach, in addition to assisting with other swim groups as requested.
- Participate in the management of program website content, including but not limited to group schedules, program news, team records, athlete awards, etc., as requested by the Head Coach.
- Share responsibility with the Head Coach for chairing/leading social events for the team with assistance from parent advisory volunteers, and assist in promoting social events to all team members and families.
- Assist in all fundraising campaigns, helping to incorporate all athletes/families; assist in developing fundraising ideas that will be most effective for the team.
- Long term focus coach who is organized, personable, and able to effectively communicate with parents, young athletes, and co-workers alike.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, coaching experience is a plus, and be able to effectively evaluate and implement team training philosophies as established by the Head Coach.
- The ability to set both individual and program goals and to then develop a path to achieve those goals is crucial.
- Regular email, phone, and in-person communication is required, professional and friendly communication skills are crucial.
- Attention to safety and professionalism must be present at all times.
- Lifeguarding certification and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification preferred, but available upon hire and required within 60 days of employment.