- Display professionalism with patrons, possess and remain current on required skills and certifications and follow/enforce all rules and regulations provided by the City of Kyle, including Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard.
- Attend all required meetings, training, and in-services brought forth by the Recreation Coordinator and/or Pool Manager.
- Coach members of the City of Kyle Swim Team on proper swimming form and techniques for all strokes.
- Teaches swim lessons for the City's Learn To Swim program. Will use curriculum provided to lead classes of 1-4 learners in a safe, fun, and engaging environment, demonstrate swim skills to learners, document progress for each learner's skills as they develop and progress, correctly place swimmers in appropriate skills level based off personal observations and instructor recommendations, and communicate with parents/guardians of learners to provide feedback at regularly scheduled checkpoints.
- Observe team members/swimmers, to detect and correct mistakes, as well as provide feedback on performance; demonstrate properly the required skills to team members as needed.
- Organize and coordinate swimming events, and all scheduled practices. Must provide a weekly practice itinerary and breakdown.
- Age 18 or older and a minimum of six (6) months professional experience in instructing or coaching swim teams.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas Driver's License.
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Lifeguard Training, and Water Safety Instructor Certifications are all required.