Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, and in accordance with the mission and policies of the YMCA, will contribute to the overall goals of the YMCA of Greater Birmingham. Provides a quality experience to members and guests focused on YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Must serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature.
- Understand the developmental needs of and be able to work effectively with children of various ages (5-18)
- Develop, implement and supervise all competitive swim team programs with the intent to develop and build the program.
- Supervise competitive swimming participants, create workouts, organize/ lead practices and meets, and with the help of the swim team administrator.
- Schedule all swim team practices and meets. Attend, manage and run all swim team meets.
- Responsible for the coordination of all swim meets including meet entry fees and reporting meet results.
- Grow membership of team, train, and supervise all assistant swim team coaches and volunteers.
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- Minimum one year teaching experience.
- Coaching Certification: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving and/or USA Swimming Certification.
- Familiar with the philosophy and regulations of YMCA swimming and USA Swimming.
- Must be able to relate and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Current American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Certification.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.