- Previous swimming and coaching experiences.
- Flexibility, communication skills, and patience.
- Ability to work cooperatively in teams and with others.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees and parents.
- First Aid/CPR/AED from an accredited provider.
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
- High School Diploma.
- Develop and conduct daily practices based on a written training regiment.
- Promote the growth and development for the Carol Stream Park District Swim Team.
- Set training regiment for the Assistant Coaches and oversee implementation.
- 3-5 years of experience as a swim coach; head coach experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Personal maturity and ability to work independently.
- First Aid/CPR/AED from an accredited provider (or ability to obtain).
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Minimum Age: 18.