Examples of Duties:
- Plan team events and meets.
- Communicate any changes to the practice schedule by email to participants' parents.
- Work with Assistant Coaching staff to detect and correct swimming mistakes; provide feedback on swimmer performance.
- Oversee in the development of the Splash aquatics program to foster both personal and athletic growth among the participates.
- Ensure proper coaching coverage for all practices and swim meets.
- Inform Aquatics Coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants by enforcement of pool policies and rules; submit accident/incident reports to Aquatics Coordinator within 24 hours of the incident.
- Perform rescues, administer first aid, perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and summon supervisors and emergency personnel as required for injuries or other medical emergencies.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing with Athlete Protection Training.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required.
- Previous experience as a Swim Coach or Water Polo Coach is required.
- Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications to be obtained within three months after hire.