Under general direction from the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach oversees specific aspects of the sports program and helps develop strategies for developing and maintaining the sports program. Responsible for overseeing specific aspects of the sports program including, but not limited to, the dive team.
- Under guidance of the head coach, develops technical aspects of player coaching.
- Analyzes performance and instructs participants in program strategies and techniques to prepare them for competition.
- Observes swimmers while they perform to determine the need for individual or team improvement and participates in student athlete performance.
- Ensures adherence to all governing rules, university, department, Conference, NCAA policies and procedures and NCAA compliance.
- Represents and promotes professional conduct, university good will and high standards at all events and matches and may assist in coaching at competitive events.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, kinesiology, human performance or equivalent program and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level swimming and diving program.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants, staff, and parents of student athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate
- Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.