The Assistant Coach will work to carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy, and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. This job description intends to give sufficient guidance to function. A coach shall exercise common sense and good judgment in cases not explicitly covered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling and making travel arrangements when asked.
- Works with the Head Coach to prepare and adhere to scheduled facility times.
- Assists the Head Coach in complying with district and OSAA requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent forms, insurance waivers, and academic/residence eligibility.
- Assists the Head Coach in providing proper safeguards for maintaining and protecting assigned equipment and facilities and teaching the planned safety program.
- Supervises the athletes before, during, and after practices, contests, or while traveling; provides guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Follows the program implemented by the Head Coach related to injuries, medical attention, and emergencies, and works cooperatively with the athletic trainer in injury, prevention, and the care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Previous coaching experience of sport to which assigned is preferred.
- Previous experience as a participant in sport to which assigned is preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Valid Oregon teacher certification is preferred.
- College training in coaching is desirable.