Under the direction of the Athletic Director and/or Principal, the coach must plan and implement a high quality athletic program that stresses fundamentals, teamwork, and sportsmanship while maintaining high safety standards for all athletes. The coach must also be committed to high academic standards for all athletes by monitoring the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and school administrators.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required.
- Ability to model and promote a culture of high expectations for academics and sportsmanship.
- Experience working with diverse populations including students with disabilities and students who are English language learners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a coach or participation in the sport at the high school or college level preferred.