The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applications for the position of Head Swimming Coach and Aquatics Director. The Head Coach will oversee, instruct, and implement all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II Men’s and Women’s Swim & Dive program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruiting, fundraising, scheduling, practice and meet planning, supervising coaching staff, and ensuring the academic success of student-athletes within regulations set forth by the University and NCAA Division II regulations. The Head Swimming Coach will also manage all aspects of the on-campus pool including operations, programs, staffing, and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three (3) years of head coaching experience or (4) years assistant coach in a collegiate environment.
- A demonstrated record of promoting the academic success of student-athletes.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in recruiting.
- Evidence of working effectively with student-athletes of diverse races and cultures.
- Evidence of complying fully with NCAA regulations.
- The ability to travel both locally and nationally for the University, which includes possessing a valid driver’s license.
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Physically able to swim and perform life-saving functions.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
- Frequent walking, standing, and other physical activities will be required 75% of the time.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain standing up to 25% of the time.
- Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to indoor/outdoor environment/climate changes.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours with possible evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Able to drive, fly or ride a bus for team travel.