The Synchronized Swim Coach is responsible for providing synchronized swimming instruction to team members in various age groups. They will write and execute their training programs for their designated swimming group. All coaches are responsible for the appropriate positive behavior of all swim team members during practices and meets.
- Performs assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, recordkeeping & scheduling.
- Recruits prospective team members & provides information about YMCA membership and team fee structure.
- Attends all staff meetings & trainings as required.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations & procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident & accident reports as necessary.
- Assists with overseeing conduct of swim team members at meets & other team functions.
- Attends meets & functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
- Maintains effective communication with participants & parents.
- Must be at least 18 years old, with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current First Aid & Community CPR certifications, or equivalent.
- Current American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training certification.
- One or more years swim team experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of skills and stroke mechanics.
- Ability to lead & motivate team members.
- Must possess current safety certifications, or obtain within 30 days of hire.