The head coach is responsible for directing the program in accordance with District goals in the best interest of the students and the schools. The head coach is expected to adhere to the policies of the St. Helens School District, and the regulations of the school, the Northwest Oregon Conference Standard Operating Procedures, and the OSAA.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability and skill to oversee and direct the athletic team to which assigned.
- Personal qualifications which indicate an ability to understand and work with youth
- Prior job-related experience will be considered but not required.
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Administration/Athletic Director may find appropriate or acceptable.
- Must have or willing to obtain NFHS Certification and Steroid and Concussion Management Training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The competent coach will:
- Responsible for determining the system of play.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting practice sessions with due consideration for the health and welfare of students and staff.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication with parents, players and Athletic Director.
- Responsible for the promotion of the sport by cooperating with newspapers and other media.
- Responsible to model respect for the judgment of officials and their interpretation of the rules; refraining from public protests which often lead to similar behavior by the players and spectators.