To provide instructional leadership in the classroom in accordance with the course of study approved by the Board of Education approved curriculum.
- New Jersey K-12 Certification in Health and Physical Education.
- Driver Education Certification preferred.
- Willing to get certification in Spin and/or Project Adventure.
- Experience in wellness, nutrition, and/or yoga preferred.
- Experience with the use of technology preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident/immigrant status.
- Implements instruction to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives.
- Employs instructional methods and available materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the performance of students on a continuing basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies students who require additional support services.
- Communicates with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Maintains high expectations for student performance and behavior.
- Engages in professional development activities, which enhances instructional practices.